What should KitPvP become?

Discussion in 'KitPvP Server' started by S_P_Y_R_O, Jan 4, 2017.

1. S_P_Y_R_O

KitPvP Manager

Hey all! Spyro here with a question. As I've recently become the manager of KitPvP with full creative control, I'd like to get to know you guys more. I've spent quite a number of days on the server just having fun with you all, but I'd like to know what I could do to improve KitPvP for your personal enjoyment.

Personally, I love the community of Kit, and I've gotten to know quite a few people. I enjoy talking to you all, but one of the problems I'm seeing is that there's so many announcements spamming chat that sometimes it's hard to read what's put out there. I'm thinking of fixing this issue through editing certain announcement message so that they aren't so big. Does anyone agree?

How else could I edit the current KitPvP server to make it better for everyone? New kits? Quests? Minigames? More trivia?

Personally I love being on a server, but PvP isn't so much my thing. One thing I always want to have on my server is something to do other than PvP. For example, in one of the past Arcadian versions, there was a little minigame that would happen every few minutes. A chicken with a funny name such as "lester" "larry" etc would spawn, and a hint as to where it spawned was announced in chat. Whoever finds and kills the chicken was given a few coins. I like that this gives players another thing to do that's not PvP. It's good for people like myself who enjoy logging in and chatting. A little Diversion from PvP.

These are all my opinions, but I'd love to hear yours. It could be anything, I'd just love to know how you view the current KitPvP server. My first update was rather simple, I just needed to fix some kits. But now that the kits are more balanced, I'd like to get into more fun updates for you guys! From things that you think need changing to things you think need adding, just leave a reply and I'll be happy to hear you out!

See you all online :]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. HeyItsRush

Novice Overseer

maybe a mini game arena? Like one with a certain kit you must use with challenges and loot?

also spyro I found a game breaking glitch shoot me a pm and I will tell u it

• Like Like x 1
  3. 32h

32h
    SkyGod

Holy hell I remeber that, so many people would run to the HC hub and other places as soon as it was announced and it would be so fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kennethhhh

Kennethhhh Well-Known Member

customizable kits
    #bringback1.0
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2017 ---
    hah remember when u could spam right click on the chickens and you would get like 7x the amount of coins lolxd

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KyleShadowRider

Senior Moderator

1.0 was the best :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TyTheOwl

Supreme Supreme

Custom Kits

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Christopher

Phantom

#WOOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheDerpyCookieHP

Supreme SkyGod Premier

Custom kit and don't remove stomper would make me happy! :)

9. greekmythguy

KitPvP is the best server because in concept, it provides both constant accessibility to action, but also the option to chill and hang out with your friends. So far, this update has done pretty well to promote that :) in fact, the only thing at all that I found negative was having Bounty Hunter, but it was announced that the kit will be back so #Hype!

Personally, what I would love to see most on the server are more of the non-pvp activities. Additional kits over time (and possibly the reintroduction of the Custom kit) would be cool, but having minigames like the chicken one you mentioned is the thing I would like to see most :)

Besides that, a few things that might be cool are:

• new duel maps
    • forum leaderboards for top kills, top KS, top coins overall, and coins gained
    • forum rank tags
    • key quest (I know this was Gis's but if you would make one somehow that would be lit)
    • A system where you get XP from killing players (not lost upon death) and it can be used to get kill crate keys

• Like Like x 2
  10. RektByLag

Trial Moderator

After watching some old videos of Arcadian, custom kits seemed fun and the old maps with no redstone since stomper is a bad kit. Also edges for fisherman and switcher are annoying. I belive if you add alternatives for pvp since while it is KitPvP, its get repetitive and not everyone is good (@ME) so things such as spleef, parkour, paintball (with snowballs), base jumping etc just small things thst are cool to do.

11. Christopher

Phantom

the forum tags would be awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 32h

32h
    SkyGod

Tags that said what level you were ontop of your rank would be even better tbh.

Also funny how now that kit is being redone all the staff magically "like" it now xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. greekmythguy

agreed.

._. i always wanted a kitpvp update :p i've been asking for ages

14. mik3yftw

mik3yftw SkyblockX Lead
    Senior Moderator

I dont like kit much :p no offence meant but pvp isnt my strong point haha!

It would be nice to have something on the forums which shows your ingame rank just like clans and skyblock.

I'd also like to suggest prestiges for people who play a lot, with new unlockable kits which you can purchase.

As for things other than pvp, possibly a daily/weekly/monthly parkour which gives x amount of coins upon completion. Also minigames sound fun, I missed the chance to experience that myself!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 32h

32h
    SkyGod

There is a parkour course but it's not really fun, so yeah adding like a achievement with rewards would be kool...

Plus having prestige would be fun too because I can usually rank up to 15 after we wipe bc I always had so much money

16. mik3yftw

mik3yftw SkyblockX Lead
    Senior Moderator

Yeah exactly, there isnt really any benefit to the current parkour. By adding a reward that resets every so often will entice people to try it :) perhaps first time completion is a title then all other completions could be money (obviously with a cooldown otherwise people would just take advantage of it)

17. Crustid

Reaper Sensei

CHICKENS!!

[​IMG]

18. Kennethhhh

Kennethhhh Well-Known Member

u dont even know what wool is
    its a block in minecraft

19. Christopher

Phantom

it was a minigame.. don't tell me i don't know what it is like I'm some sort of ranD smh

i might not know things about 1.0 but ik about 2.0 +

20. Akash

Akash Member

Thats kinda impossible, or they have to reset the plugin and edit it.