Discussion Q&A w/ Exloki

Discussion in 'Community Decisions' started by Exloki, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exloki

Exloki Former Server Manager
    SkyLord

I can't believe it's nearly the end of August already - it feels like just last week it was mid July; alas the approach of August has left a lot of people busy with school starting up again; I've personally been very busy with my IRL work commitments this month so I haven't been able to have as much involvement as I'd like, but I've tried to keep things going as best I can.

I was speaking to @Stitchie on Discord a couple of days ago and he said there's a fair amount of confusion from the community about some things, so he suggested I make a Q&A thread for people to ask questions in a central location - so here we are.

Before we start, some ground rules - if you don't follow the ground rules you'll be added to a special forum group I made that means you can't view the Community Decisions forum anymore, so don't be a fool.

1. Only reply to this thread with 1 question per post (and nothing except questions)
    2. The questions must be related to Arcadian or Minecraft, not the staff team or anything personal
    3. Check the post below to make sure your question hasn't already been asked; I will edit and update that post as I answer questions

I will try to reply to as many questions as possible each day I'm available, but please be patient when awaiting a reply. If your question is urgent then please contact a member of staff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Exloki

SkyLord

[​IMG]
    What is happening with ArcCash?
    Unfortunately my busy work schedule as well as weekly updates for Skyblock & Prison, whilst planning/preparing KitPvP updates meant I haven't been able to put the time aside to work on the ArcCash shop. We're still going to add it without a doubt, but it's not something we can nor should rush (imagine a dupe exploit with that, yikes), and it will require extensive testing before we can safely make it available for public use. Now that the summer is drawing to a close, I hope to be able to work on the ArcCash shop when we reduce weekly updates for all realms to something more manageable until the next holiday period.

What's happening with SBX?
    As I've said since the start of #MAGA, one step at a time - after KitPvP, we'll look at SBX and Creative.

When is Clans coming back?
    There was a thread that Rekt made a while back about Clans coming back (a serious one) and I replied there explaining why it's just not really feasible anymore.

Will there be any major updates with sbog soon?
    Major updates are resets - you all voted for super long seasons, this is the exact reason why I said they should be shorter /shrug

When will KitPvP be resetting? / When will XYZ be fixed on KitPvP?
    At the end of this month we're going to be doing a KitPvP reset, date to be announced - we're working on it actively right now with testing starting soon.

What's the plans for YouTubers/Ads?
    I am actively trying to contact YouTubers for sponsored videos and exploring options for other forms of advertising - but quite honestly response rates are very low from YouTubers and with funding being limited, we'd most likely aim to do advertising for the next holiday period (it'd be wasted advertising during school time).

Will ArcCash ever get like completly reset and will the ways you can obtain ArcCash change?
    I don't want to reset ArcCash because I think if we ever did that it would have a major backlash - if we reduce the value of ArcCash (which is what we have to do, and are doing by introducing a reduced store ofc) then at least the proportion of wealth remains the same; people who saved a lot of ArcCash will still have a lot more to spend on whatever we do with it than someone who only had a few bucks. In regards to obtaining ArcCash, I'd like to have it available in more ways than just ads & voting, but it'd need to be something that brings value to the server to make it worthwhile.

#2 Exloki, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  3. RektByLag

Supreme Paladin

What's happening with SBX?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tinkyyy

SkyGod Lord

When is clans coming back?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. xRevival

xRevival Ex-Staff
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

Will there be any major updates with sbog soon? So it won’t be all 99% afk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FireFall312

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

When will be KitPvP resetting because, not a lot of people playing KitPvP and most of them are waiting for the reset.
    I have one more question,
    #BringBackClans?

7. Crustid

Sensei Supreme

When will you fix the hit reg?!..!.!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. oSheepy

So ArcCash will be tradeable for ingame stuff like $ Gems and stuff like that?

9. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

No for limited store items. I hope im allowed to answer you lol but the large majority has voted for limited store items and not like ingame currencys.

10. okesure

Deity Paladin

when is there gonna be added a good anticheat also when is there coming a fix for soup reg + hit reg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frequency

Emperor SkyLord Captain

Have you decided to attract new YouTubers that will commit to the server, and draw a larger player base to specific game modes?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. SimonLoL

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

Are the plans for KitPvP being started or are getting finalized?

13. makki101

makki101 Member

when will you fix the hit detection? for high ping players like me its disgusting playing with half of my hits not registering

14. Exloki

SkyLord

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. r_andyy

r_andyy Member

https://forums.arcadianmc.com/threads/message-to-exloki.32740/#post-242129 could you read this?

16. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

Will ArcCash ever get like completly reset and will the ways you can obtain ArcCash change? You said previously that not ArcCash is the problem but that there is too much of it in circulation. Any plans to change that? (And just in case there is any chance of it resetting, what would the people get that have a lot of ArcCash?)

17. Exloki

SkyLord

Responded

18. xRevival

xRevival Ex-Staff
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

Will we be able to buy all types of crate keys like for example on sb rare - nuclear waste keys with arccash? i think this would be good imo i think the only thing that should not be able to buy with arc is high level ranks

19. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

If i understand it correctly you need a lot of money right now because you have a server contract that arguably forces you to overpay. Will anything change when that contract runs out and you can make like a better new one? (As in making the server less pay 2 win as example because you aren't forced as much to make money)

20. xreii

SkyLord

Are you planning on updating the party system on SBOG?

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.