Important Our time has come..

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jumpahh, May 13, 2019.

1. Jumpahh

Jumpahh Retired Administrator

[​IMG]

Greetings Arcadians,

I'm afraid I have some very sad news to deliver to you all today. Unfortunately, as Minecraft servers and communities move forward, so must we.

[​IMG]

A lot of you know that we have been in a real struggle to keep up with the demand of our players over the past half a year and although we have tried our hardest, it simply wasn't enough. We have been in a sticky situation for a long time regarding development work. We have been on the lookout for a long time for help and assistance but due to the unfortunate quietness of our servers activity we have been unable to invest into it. We do not have the resources to keep up with the demand which is why our updates and resets have been extremely slow.

As a result of this, Arcadian hasn't really made any progress in regards to reviving the player count and having an active player base. By all means, we could continue to work this way but it is clear our community are very unhappy with our slow progress. Our current Administration and Management team also work jobs in their personal lives and we are unable to commit any extra time to Arcadian than what we already do, so the decision was made.

[​IMG]

It is with great sadness that I announce the end of our journey, as a server provider, as a business and as a community.

So what does this mean for Arcadian? To your surprise after reading the above, we will be staying open, however, all development work will come to a complete stop. Our store will be closed to prevent any further purchases and our servers will be kept running for anyone who may still enjoy playing. The forums will remain open and the Discord server will continue to be managed by it's owners. The goal of this is to allow Arcadian to become a slow and peaceful server.

[​IMG]

Finally, I would like to personally say thank you to everyone who has supported us, no matter how long you've been part of the community. We appreciate everything as without you guys Arcadian wouldn't exist as it does today.

We hope you have enjoyed your time here as much as we have. It's been an honour!
    <3 Arcadian Staff Team ​

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please post a comment below and we'll get back to you.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
  2. ItsAlfie

ItsAlfie Well-known Member
    Trainee Paladin

3. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

big RIP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

So the server isn't shutting down but you are shutting down all things in terms of development? Just seems a bit odd to me.

5. Raggebus02

This server.. A part of my childhood, this will never be forgotten and I hope that everyone that ever have been a part of this community gets to say goodbye and see it being able to rest peacefully. Thank you, Arcadian community for this amazing time and all the moments you gave me! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ItsAlfie

ItsAlfie Well-known Member
    Trainee Paladin

Couldn't have been said better

7. PureAspiration

PureAspiration New Member

Nooooo, Arcadian was so fun to me. I can't believe it's all gone like this.
    Will there be anymore resets?

8. Kirex

SkyLord

Did you even read?? They wont be releasing any more updates.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2019, Original Post Date: May 13, 2019 ---
    Very sad to see it go. Arcadian will forever live in my memory :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tinkyyy

SkyGod Lord

Lowkey shedding a tear. Made some actual strong friendships on here and have SO many good memories. Arcadian will always be the best community.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Convertable

Convertable New Member

Honestly such a sad announcement. Glad to see I can still play alot!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. okesure

Deity Paladin

This is excepted. 3 years playing this server was fun rip arcadian

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. Toxic_viper939

SkyGod

13. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Ex-Staff
    Deity SkyLord Paladin

:( super sad to see this, though it was expected

want to personally and specifically thank @Nika39 of all people; throughout my couple of years here you have helped me dearly with everything. you demoted me the first time and took me back, and accepted my apologies, you gave me your trust with a lot of things and I couldn't appreciate that more. You put everything you could into Arcadian while you had the time and for that, I'm sure the other members of our community will agree, I thank you for giving me a home. It felt normal to get home and log on, open Slack, check messages, all that, it became a routine and quite frankly changed me a ton. I wouldn't be in management now if it wasn't for Arcadian.

I wish you well in the future, as I do for everyone else who was apart of my time here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Nika39

Nika39 Server Founder
    SkyLord

Thank you all for being an awesome Arcadians, eventually every good things must end at some point.

• Friendly Friendly x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mik3yftw

mik3yftw Retired Administrator

It's such a huge shame to see what Arcadian used to be like, to how it turned out now. I think I speak for myself & the entire staff in thanking each and every one of the players for having the patience & sticking with us for so long.

@Nika39 is one of the most brilliant, kind & caring individual I have EVER had the pleasure of getting to know on not just a professional level, but also a personal level.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  16. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

Same bro

17. sammyyyyy

Senior Moderator

I have had so much fun as a player and staff member on Arcadian since joining a few years ago its sad that it has to come to an end but i will always remember all the amazing players and staff members i have had the pleasure of getting to know!

Much love to you all! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Detonde

Detonde Ex-Staff

A few years back my son began playing on this server. As a father I have always tried to participate in his activities and spend as much time with him as I can. Sometimes that's on a soccer field practicing, or on a mountain snow skiing. It also meant that when he started playing skyblock that I soon found myself with a Minecraft account logged into this server. If you had asked me 5 years ago if I would play Minecraft I wouldn't have even known of the game.

Sometime around the beginning of season 2 I was still online with my son, but decided being staff might be a better way to be in-game when he was online. And while my son eventually moved on to other games before long, I stuck around and made Arcadian my mindless evening stress relief.

Looking back I would say it is still amazing and unbelievable that I ended up as staff. But thankfully I ended up having the great fortune of connecting with many people from around the world. I am blessed for those conversations and interactions and will remember many people for years to come. I won't bother mentioning names, but you know who you are and I will think of you often! I am very sorry to see Arcadian winding down. But if you think of the all the fun so many people enjoyed during the past several years, then the server's existence is priceless.

I wish everyone well in whatever endeavors you each pursue. May you all enjoy incredible success!

Cordially,
    Michael (Detonde)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. GruffFl4m3z

Supreme

Welp, even know I haven’t played arcadian in ages I did have decent times as I hacked a little then got banned for a bit, I even helped find an arc cash dupe with my friend that nearly broke the server. Ahhhh good times, love remembering how pissed everyone was :)

20. Moonliite

Moonliite Retired Administrator

Being a staff member on Arcadian was by far the best experience I've ever had up to this day. I've learned so much from working with so many different types of people and helping Arcadian through thick and thin. Thank you everyone for making the experience as grand as it was, and thank you @Nika39 for keeping the show going for as long as you have. The conversations I've had with you have been amazing, and even just from that I can tell how amazing you are. I'll never forget this experience, and will always be an Arcadian at heart. #ForeverArcadian

• Friendly Friendly x 1