Just my thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AEMblue2k1, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Futuristiq

I'd like to address this as nicely as I can. Staff aren't rude, they don't ignore players on purpose. When there is 100+ players on the server it is extremely hard to sort tons of people messaging you. If you have any issues with any staff member, please PM Rachellaa. And for the unwritten rules, we have the rules on forums not just in game. On forums, you can find a more in depth explanation about the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

ikr

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Yes i understand but your not on as often as i am and to be honest the rules need to be updated cause there are mods inforcing rules that dont existr and never have like dont type in this color dont say this or if you do this its against the rules. Im not dumb i know how to goto the rules on forums. Alos there have been many times mebers get ignored obvioulsy on purpose then get warned for spamming and never get the questions answered then they just get mad and get banned cause the mods just dont care some of them anyway. Heck even me as a ranked player i get ignored trying to ask legitimate questions and the mods just go on talking about random shiz. This is a very big issue and honestly i think its about time i start recording the corrupt staff just so yoou ppl will believe me. Just cause YOU dont see it doesnt mean it isnt happening. I can get a huge list of ppl that will agree with what ive said and when the proof starts coming out something better get done.

4. RektByLag

Why everybody gonna eat my family like this

5. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Also if there are 100's of people on an individual server dont you think most of the staff should attend that perticular server instead of 5 mods being on one while Skyblock goes crazy with none. Ive seen sky block at 200 + ppl with no staff while clans had like 20 and like 5-6 mods off doing thier own thing.

6. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

What I have see as far as rules go, is that there is too much confusion the the 'correct set'
    Staff sometimes live by certain rules that they think exist, and players do the same. For example, the players have thought for a long time now that the caps rule was 4 words + but it is actually 3+.

What I'm saying it, there needs to be some research into the written rules as well as the understood rules. After that, all lists of rules (/srules, /grules, forum sets, staff sets, etc.) need to be changed so that they are identical

Also, I think that there should be clarification with /warn. Some players act as if /warn is the only form of warning, and ignore staff text warnings in chat. This needs to be re clarified so that everyone knows what is going on

As to mods ignoring people, yah i'm sorry but it is true. If I ever did that I apologize. I must say thought that I was on SBX yesterday for about an hour, and multiple players were asking in chat for A mod, for help, to TP for a hacker, and other things. None of the staff online ever answered them, and it was not until some other ones came on that they got help. I could have helped them myself (and I did help one of them) but I was a bit surprised at what I saw and so I just watched

7. pvpminer1234

pvpminer1234 Active Member

rektbylag..
    exercise.
    ex- er -cise
    eggs- er -sides
    eggs are sides to bacon
    BACONNNNNNNNNNNN
    oh btw, i'm a pretty og member, and although i am able 2 attract mods with my good looks, wonderful charm and incessant spam, I know its not always the case for everyone who ends up getting ignored cuz im spamming the staff about a hacker

8. RektByLag

I always go to kit if someone asks me i put like 2 hours into kit today ;-;. I sit on other servers not even to necessarily play just banter with players that i know better.

9. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Exactly and yet there are still people who deny it.

10. Futuristiq

Alrighty.

I strongly disagree with you.
    I'm always online, and I see everything that happens. I do see Moderators ignore people, but that is not their fault. We have 2-5 people messaging us. And in some cases, people spam us because we don't respond within 1 second. Please speak to Rachellaa if you have any issue regarding a staff member. I'm sure there is staff that ignore you, but we are not perfect. If you'd ask nicely to a staff member, they'd respond surely.

Please consider reading below. (This is a post I've created under the thread "read it" created by @greekmythguy)
    Yes, staff get lots of hate for even doing the right thing sometimes. It's times like this the hate gets to a extreme extent where we have to talk to the players about it. I understand that us staff our expected to take on hate, but not to a extreme extent where when you log on someone cusses you out. Players should treat staff with the same level of respect they treat their good friends with.
    Players tend to forget that we aren't machines controlling the server, we are humans just like you and we have individual characteristics as well. I also advise you to respect the staff team's decision when it comes down to mutes kicks and bans. They do what they think is reasonable, and what the rule breaker deserves. No one should disrespect staff, because we are only here to help make the wonderful server you guys have fun on better. Also, do not judge staff on how they proceed to do their work. They try there best to do the right thing, and most of the players don't fully comprehend becoming or being a staff member. Note that being a staff member you get yelled at for not doing your job quick enough, or not doing what the player wanted. I've got multiple people spam me saying to ban someone, when they haven't done anything wrong. Then the player just gets mad and goes to another staff member. If anyone linked to this thread would like to know further, please PM me so we can continue this discussion.

I'll talk to Rachellaa about updating the rules.
    I'm sorry for any confusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Now thats how its done.

12. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

ty

I totally understand about getting cussed out and people hating on you and stuff. This can often have a lot to do with apparent inactivity. Now, what I am talking about (and please don't take this as a refutation of your post) is staff running around playing the game and not answering anything. I know that they are available because in the 30m that three players were asking for a mod to help him, there were 2 staff online. One of them was walking around spawn and not answering. The other was saying "watch the caps" every 30 seconds and completely ignoring the requests for help

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. pvpminer1234

I spam u cuz u don't realize my wonderful personality and charm ;D

I would also like to state my own opinion here too.
    I used to play OG SB back when it was new. Back then people wanted factions. And so we ended up with clans. Which idk was a success or a failure. Probably more of a failure considering that by then many OG players calling for clans have long left the server due to multiple reasons. Sometimes something called for happens. Like sbv2 and then the amount of people ther exploded because it was something the community largely wanted. However with sbx there Isn't as many people or donators. Mainly because either I haven't looked at buycraft prices or people don't have the money to buy ranks or they aren't interested in sbx. No one knew sbx was coming. Even though people were hyped for it, look at the hype for clans. When clans came out the amount of enthusiasm was quite high, as people wanted it. Now sbx is an unasked for surprise. I honestly believe that many people are told to leave if they dislike something and I find that rather rood. They have an opinion and don't need to be told to gtfo just becuz they have one. It deserves to be respected and considered. Honestly I also believe that staff is doing their best nowadays, and don't really deserve too much criticism. Granted I only play kitpvp, but usually if I ask a mod to come on to ban a hacker, they will more than likely come on and help me. Staff end up drawing a lot of fire for their work. They aren't paid to do it, but they want to help the server and that should be respected.

Summary: respect staff for helping, respect people for their opinion, and at least try and find out what the community wants. Niknea's recent post comes into mind he's asking the server for an option about skyclans. I feel that might be a good way of finding out what the community wants

14. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

And before anyone goes "oh he's just hating on the staff team" that is not the case
    Usually I would refute any arguments like my own, but unfortunately I saw this happen myself.
    Usually I would say that there was a reason and I would give a few possibilities, but the person was active in chat

I'm not asking for a demote or anything like that, but staff should remember that if somebody is asking for help they need to reply. Even if the person is just being annoying, they should say something in global chat before ignoring the person.

The reason is that this kind of thing makes the staff organization look bad, and as I said in the post you cited, if people start thinking badly of the staff, control will be lost and lots of sense of community will be lost when punishments are hiked up to regain the old staff status

15. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Also denial doesnt help

16. pvpminer1234

How true

17. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

Last thing, staff deserve a TON of respect, so i hope I am not sounding confusing.

Players: respect the mod team and thank them, they deserve it.

Mod Team: make sure you don't let the players down, or you will loose the sense of respect you deserve

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Niknea

Owner

I genuinely don't understand this thread. You're complaining how when we release a new server your favorite server gets lower playercounts, but then complain when the entire networks playercount is low and this is the cure.

For starters - your servers playercount doesn't get affected, Sure it lowers for a few days but that happens with anything new, regardless if it's a Minecraft server or not. In fact, if anything your servers player count WILL RISE with all the new players joining ArcadianMC.

I also don't recall personally promising hundreds of players on blossom at a time. Sure I had a number around there in my head, but obviously things didn't go according to plan.

I do find it kind of ironic how you're complaining that we're not doing anything about clans when I just posted a poll about Skyclans last night too.

Staff are people too, they need breaks once in a while. Out of any player you should know that. :(

No matter what any of you think - I do pay attention to what goes on around Arcadian and address the issues I see. For example, I noticed a thread about how hard it is for starting players on SkyblockX and will be pushing out an update later tonight to hopefully fix that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. greekmythguy

Sensei Zeus

agreed. It got a bit off track (the original topic not being very needed).
    Right now it is just kinda complaints, so it might be better to lock it. It is not really needed and what has needed to be said has been said

thank you for posting, it's great to see the Owners and Admins on the forum :D

20. pvpminer1234

Honestly idk y everyone hates on the staff. Most of them r rly chill ppl and fun to hang out with and they get tons of undeserved hate. And honestly I have a picture about blossom in single digits, so I recommend u do the merge soon, seeing how much support that merging was the best thing for both servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1