Just my thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AEMblue2k1, Jan 10, 2017.

1. AEMblue2k1

Reaper Supreme SkyGod

So last thread was locked. But yes there are other servers to play on but every time you introduce a new server you poach players from their current servers and essentially kill the old servers so we have no choice but to go where the players are. I for one feel a little bit scammed with the whole creepersedge/blossom bs. OG was dying and we were told that "HUNDREDS" of new players would be joining blossom once creepersedge started a series. Well that never happened and within a month the server was dead. I think honestly people are sick of having to change servers. No one wants to play on a server with 10 people.

2. kohlerpop1

Zeus Phantom

1,000,000 % agree with this guy.

3. greekmythguy

same go tweet him or something. He said he would do a series and then quit lol

agreed. That is why people used to always comment "great idea but let's update KitPvP first" on new game mode suggestions. Before new things are added, they should work to fix the community and make it strong. This should be run in a way that it fun, not a way that kills off servers

4. kohlerpop1

Zeus Phantom

Instead of making the current servers better they just made new ones and that's why we have like 50 servers now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. greekmythguy

welll not completely true. There are lots of clans updates and kit stuff for example.
    I'm not worried about the updates per say, what I see is that when a place like Blossom becomes toxic, a new server is opened before time is spend on fixing that sserver's community

6. Rachellaa

Rachellaa Community Manager
    Administrator

Unfortunately we were let down by CreepersEdge, which is something that was unforeseen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Exloki

Exloki Lead Developer
    Administrator

Blossom was a failure, but as Rachellaa said we were let down by CreepersEdge unfortunately, and that was out of our control entirely. I can understand how you might feel like we're just opening up servers and letting the old one die with no care, but I can assure you that's not true - let me explain some things.

We opened Blossom after CreepersEdge promised & signed a contract obligating him to record various videos and promote the new server - however he let us down, he didn't record more than 1 video and he didn't promote the server at all really; we tried to find a replacement but at short notice it was incredibly hard and we weren't able to do it before it was too late.

SkyblockX is different - the primary advertiser (who will also be collaborating with other YouTubers) is a 50% owner of Arcadian, LandonMC who's channel has grown explosively in the past few months. He is dedicated, he has loads of great ideas, and the only new servers we launch will be clones of SBX if it becomes popular enough to require it.

Now that SBX is launched we are focusing on the other servers; we've already put Spyro in charge of KitPvP and he's doing great there - we have plans for the Clans servers to reset & merge soon, we have big plans for the Prison server soon, and we're constantly discussing things we can do to improve every aspect of Arcadian (yesterday we finally fixed the major lag spike issues that have been plaguing us for months that we have poured hundreds of man-hours into investigating).

I know it sometimes seems like we're not listening or we don't care or that we're making poor decisions, but you really need to consider the view you have compared to us. Rachellaa, Landon, Niknea, and I all love Arcadian like it is our child - we want nothing but the best for everyone here, and we want to see the community grow and prosper. Please just bare with us :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christopher

Phantom

#hypee for all of the new updates coming soon :p

9. greekmythguy

well said, thank you.

It's great that there are many plans being formulated to make the server a more fun place. However, I feel that the community could like a bit more input on it :D

Yes, the server is you child in a certain sense, but that child is becoming mature and doesn't like having all the decisions made for it. It wan't a chance to give input before it's progress is reset and things like that. Yes, some updates need to be surprises for hype and things like that, but when you are giving a new thing to a child, you should make sure it is something that the child actually wants. You don't want to offend it by focusing on something completely different then what it feels is important. :)

As I said, the updates sound amazing. However, we also need a bit of community management happening here. There is far to much toxicity, misunderstanding, poor communication, and discontent. What you have done today by posting explanations is amazing. I hope that this keeps happening, so that the players can get an idea of what the staff are thinking, instead of being in the dark and wondering if they are even being heard

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pvpminer1234

pvpminer1234 Well-Known Member

Honestly blossom was a failure. If there are only 3 people on it's a failure. What maybe best is learning from these mistakes, and help make sure that these don't happen again. There are some points of clans I seriously disliked but it's in the past now. Make the server better from learning these mistakes. And make sure that it's something the community want please or it's going to be blossom all over again

• Like Like x 1
  11. AEMblue2k1

Reaper Supreme SkyGod

I know it sounds like I am complaining and I am maybe a little bit lol but I honestly enjoy playing on Arcadian and I dont want to see that end. I have no problem with donating for ranks but SBX at least right now I feel is 100% a money grab. I dont think a the community needed another server in fact we needed less. As always I and most of the people who play here appreciate what you all do. There is no doubt about that at least I hope there isnt. Thanks for taking time out to talk to us it does mean a lot to hear from all of you. Thank you.

12. greekmythguy

well said, ty

13. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Honestly SkyblockX is just a ploy to get LandonMc back on the server to bring more ppl in to make more money. Havent you made enough from all the ppl buying ranks constantly. You should be able to afford better plugins and better staff, cause the staff on this server for the most part are rude immature and dont deserve staff. Cant you see from all the ppl quiting and dropping staff that you f-n up. SkyblockX was obviously rushed as the map looks like shiz the whole thing is horrible. Its an abortion of sky clans and prisons and needs to be burned. Ppl who think they should spend money on this "NEW" idea shouldnt cause honestly its not worth it. Whoever is in charge of the staff and build teams needs to retire and find someone better. It looks like a child designed the whole thing and honestly i have no plans in returning to arcadian for awhile. For one i was lied to by a certain someone cough cough you know who you are. This is my opinon as negative as it is.. Remeber this is my opinion and im intitled to it you are also intitled to a rebutle. peace......

-PoisonPixel

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. greekmythguy

yahhhh that was Poisonous ;)

You made some valid points, but I would like to make a few comments. First, which staff are rude and immature? No, don't say here, but if you have an issue PM an admin. This shouldn't be happening (and frankly I haven't seen rude staff lately)

As to the map, I think it is really good. Maybe you have seen better? Well that is a matter of opinion and I love the map :p

Not being worth money, that is a matter of opinion as well. I think there are some changes that should be made, but all in all the ranks and emblems give you a pretty decent amount of perks for your dollars. If you do not enjoy the server then it certainly is a waste of money, but if you like it, then they are worth buying. Maybe some prices could go down a bit, but they are still worth for the amount you pay.

As to spending money on better plugins and things that people want, I 100% agree with this. Tbh this server is a good venture because Landon has gained 250k subs since his first SB series, and could potentially bring lots of new players. However, I do agree that money time and effort should be spent on trying to produce things that the community wants

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Honetly staff has never been rude to me once. Its just how members get treated like trash sometimes. They are blatenly ignored. Also staff inforcing un written rules is also bs. If you want a rule to be inforced then put it in the rules and don't inforce it until then cause honestly that just makes them want to keep being arbatrary. All in all over the years i have played on this server the quality has dropped signifcantly and i believe its cause they keep trying to come out with new game modes that are a combo of others when they could spend thier time and resources in what they already have. Season 2 of skyblock should have been completly different in stead of just a reset. Heck ill custom code all the plugins myself if i have too. Its not like im a pro at it or anything cough cough* made many servers cough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Retro

SkyGod

agreed it sometimes feels like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cloakster

SkyGod Recruit Hulk

agreed the rules are BS

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Bacon that is all.

19. RektByLag

Trial Moderator

Why me please....

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. PoisonPixel

SkyGod

Sorry but your family delicious when cut into strips.