Death of Arcadian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrTBNRfrags, Jan 3, 2019.

1. MrTBNRfrags

MrTBNRfrags Active Member

So basically I've realized that ArcadianMC CANNOT run without YouTubers.
    Don't believe me? Well let's jumps back to when Landon and Vurb uploaded here, the server would average around 500-600 players (nearly daily) when Landon was booted and Vurb, Some players still stayed behind but the player count dropped to 200-450.
    When Huahwi, grape etc etc joined player count went back up to 400-500
    When they left it went to 120-360
    When another female YouTuber joined (sorry I forgot her name) player count went a bit up
    Player count was - 150-390
    She left, it went to 100-350
    Then ArcadianMC basically lost 10 players every month and now in January the average is 20...

TYPE YOUR OPINION ON THIS!!!
    I TYPED IT ALL ON MY PHONE LOL

2. Unavailables

I remember when I found about the server because of a youtuber called Gloryblade and he was the main reason I actually started playing.

3. CJGangsta

Deity SkyLord Ninja Paladin Captain

everyone is well aware and has been aware for months

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. xRevival

xRevival Ex-Staff
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

ur late

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MrTBNRfrags

TF Gloryblade was here?!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2019 ---
    wat
    Sorry, my bad I just didn't know lmfao

6. Unavailables

Yea he did his Banned series on here lol

7. MrTBNRfrags

dm me the series on disc

8. Unavailables

Whats your discord?

9. MrTBNRfrags

Nub it's me Plqnes

10. greekmythguy

Discord Manager

y'all have been making this thread and repeating these words for over a year but the thing you keep forgetting is that you can't just "summon" a YouTuber from the sky. Trust me, if you have contacts @MrTBNRfrags and they want to record for Arcadian for a fair price them you can talk to the Admins and it will happen. However, simply saying "we need stuff done" doesn't do anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Member

you aren't wrong about this but
    1. this is pretty obvious as most small servers attract players because of youtube. You are basically repeating an idea that has been brought up for months now.
    2. Arcadian right now doesn't have that high of a player count because Skyblock is the only thing people play (makes sense.)
    3. Lack of updates in previous seasons doesn't help at all, although there seems to be more coming now
    4. Finally, it is not easy and would be very rare to get you tubers to play here, especially since the minecraft youtube community as a whole has just died compared to previous years,

12. mattress

SkyGod

Sorry to sound like a nerd, but I've been studying the decline of the Roman empire in school recently and this brings up a point. Rome had an issue with loyal military soldiers, many of them were mercenaries or people who only fought for a salary/for money, rather than because they wanted to fight for the greater good of the empire. This reason played a heavy role in the downfall of Rome for obvious reasons. This relates to this post because what is being said is that we need YouTubers to advertise. When those YouTubers come, they will bring lots of their fans who are there for the YouTubers, not because they want to play on Arcadian. Think about when Grape, PrivateFearless, and Huahwi were here. 500-600 players every single day in season 5 of SBOG, it was great. Not too long after they left, Arcadian has fallen into a hole that they haven't been able to get out of. Unless you can find an active YouTuber (sorry Sean, I love you) that has a decent following and will be dedicated and committed to playing on Arcadian, I don't think this idea will work.

At this point, I don't know what needs to be done to "revive" the server. First off, something I am not very fond of is the acceptance of these new staff members. I'm not sure if many have noticed, it's kinda hard not to, but in game, chat has been at an all-time high of toxicity. I can't lie, I am very well apart of this, but one of the main causes are the player's feelings towards certain staff members, more specifically, the new Trial Moderators. They have been biased towards punishments, sometimes punishing players for incorrect reasons or not punishing players when they should be. I mean, this might sound mean or whatever you wanna call it, but I believe if the players aren't liking the staff, the staff members shouldn't be apart of the staff team. It just causes tension between people and isn't fun for anyone. Other than that, Arcadian, all though not very large, still has a dedicated player base that is working hard to fix certain things and implement new aspects to the game. I love Arcadian, the community has always been amazing, and I'll always try to help the server in any way I can. Sorry that this message is lengthy, but I hope it contributes in some way.

#12 mattress, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

I found this server through a youtuber called landonmc. Skyclans was appealing to me at the time, so I made a new Minecraft account and started playing here when the clans s1 beta came out. Like about everyone has said, you can’t make youtubers appear out of nowhere. I’m sure you have contacts with certain YouTubers (as seen on your Twitter when you randomly followed me and when you publicly asked about 60 people or something about playing amc somehow). Let staff know if you do have contacts, thank you for contributing!

I was talking to Alfie, and he said that some tmods are more harsh when they warn/mute, and some tmods are really chill. He also said they aren’t biased. hOPe thIs HeLPs FeLLOw gAmER!!!!!!,,!,!,,!,

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SimonLoL

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

lets get tseries on arcadian

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mattress

SkyGod

facts, best suggestion ive heard yet

16. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

17. TheAgeOfDragons

So I have heard a lot of talk about needing youtubers both in and out of the staff team. I also have heard multiple times by people in high positions that they are trying to get youtubers. I am hoping that they are still currently working on that but I can't confirm that at this time.
    Also I'm going to mention this here with opinions on tmods being thrown around atm. I will say that yes I have noticed some of their actions and yes sometimes they are in the wrong but I also want to say that when something like this happens I am always one of the first people to point it out. No matter how small of a thing. As for staff members being biased I recomend you try to get substantial evidence for a claim like that and sending it to an admin. What you should not be doing is trying to be mad at them in game since that will just cause a lot more problems down the line. On the staff team critizism is welcome as long as it is constructive critizism. I understand that it can be hard to always be constructive when you see this server that used to have 100's of players go down to the small amount we have now but that is always one of the primary goals on the staff team to improve. If you ever have a problem with the server feel free to make a thread on the forums to either talk about what is bothering you or make a suggestion on how to fix the problem. Arcadian was stuck in a bad spot before loki since the staff team really couldn't do much but we are trying greatly to improve atm so please hang in a little longer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrTBNRfrags

how much longer m8 at this point . Niknea will most probs sell the server or close it down since he don’t care. So that’s like a lotta money wasted for MANY players. If I’m correct, Arcadian earner like 8 grand since 2015
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2019 ---
    God no too much Indian stuff will go down trust me EVERY SINGLE player left will run.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2019 ---
    Trust me I have they said no

19. idk

idk Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MrTBNRfrags

wtf is ur problem?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2019 ---
    who even are you
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2019 ---
    TBH I can't believe I'm saying this but kicking Grape and the others was a huge mistake and sent ArcadianMC into a spiral of death
    That idiot would most probs want 10 grand a vid
    The staff team ain’t as good as 2016’s tho