New Building Contest (Skyblock)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by _PandaStrafes, Mar 13, 2019.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. _PandaStrafes

_PandaStrafes Member

What is your in-game username?
    PandaStrafes_

Which area(s) of Arcadian does this relate to?
    Skyblock

Please describe your suggestion in full, giving as much detail as possible
    Basically, I noticed for all of the in-game events (hide and seek, skywars etc.), the maps have become pretty boring and stale, seeing as they have been used for so long. (Nothing against the creators of the maps, they are still great maps, they are just becoming a bit boring). My idea is to create an official contest to make the best map for one of the events. If the map is good enough it hopefully will become an official map, but no guarantees. The top three would also receive a prize as well, I’m not really sure what the prize would be yet, maybe something along the lines of crate keys, op tools, maybe even in-store credit.

How will your suggestion benefit Arcadian?
    This contest would (hopefully) be fun for the community and create some awesome new maps for the events.

Are there any side effects or negatives to your suggestion?
    The contest might not receive a lot of participants or not taken seriously but that’s all I can really think of.

#1 _PandaStrafes, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. TheAgeOfDragons

We can host a contest to build a specific type of map (like building a hide and seek map) like how we've done previous building contests. The only problem is we cannot gurrantee a winner having their map used. The problem is it takes awhile to transfer maps to make them work within our hide and seek and there is a chance that the map isn't seen as good enough. The idea for this is good but we cannot gurrantee using any winning maps and if we do use winning maps it will take awhile to see them in an event.

3. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Well-Known Member

I've made a few maps and an admin will say they like it and never look at it again so yk

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jamiee

Jamiee Administrator
    Administrator

im not one of them

5. _PandaStrafes

_PandaStrafes Member

Good point, I'll edit the suggestion.